Join Pakistan Army as Regular Commission in PMA 147 Long Course
Join Pakistan Army as a Commissioned Officer
Through 147 PMA Long Course (Training Duration 2 Years)
Registration: 05 October – 06 November, 2020
Online Registration: www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk
1- ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
- Age (As on 1st May, 2021):
Education Age Age Relaxation Intermediate or Equivalent 17-22 Years Relaxable for three months both in upper and lower age limits Graduates (2 years graduation) and Serving PN / PAF Personnel 17-23 Years Graduates with 4 years graduation programme (BS / BA (Hon) / BBA /BPA) 17-24 Years – Serving Army Soldiers 17-25 Years –
- Gender: Male
- Marital Status: Unmarried (Married serving personnel of the Armed Forces over 20 years of age are eligible).
- Nationality: Citizens of Pakistan and domicile holders of Azad Kashmir / Gilgit-Baltistan. Upon final selection candidates with dual nationality will have to surrender nationalities other than Pakistan.
- Physical Standards:
- Minimum Height – 5′ – 4″ (162.5 cm)
- Weight – As per the Body Mass Index
(a) Marks – FA / F.Sc / Equivalent
– Minimum 60 % marks in FA/F.Sc and equivalent.
– Candidates who secure 60% marks or above in BA / BSc, BA / BSc (Hons) and BBA / BPA, with 50% marks in FA / FSc are eligible for PMA Long Course.
(b) Relaxation of Marks – FA / F.Sc: 55% marks for the candidates from specified areas with domicile. Areas incl Balochistan, FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan, District Neelum Azad Jammu Kashmir, District Kohistan, Chitral, Dir, Tehsil Bala Kot (Kaghan, Naran) of District Mansehra in KPK, Tharparker and Tehsil Umer Kot in Sind, District Rajanpur, Area of Cholistan Desert, Drawar Fort, Salamsar, Mojgarh and Dingarh of Punjab. Besides being a domicile holder, the candidates must have been actually studying in the same areas.
(c) Serving Army Soldiers: 50% marks in FA/F.Sc and equivalent.
(d) Verification of Marks Sheet / Certificate: Candidates not issued with certificates or in possession of duplicate/revised mark sheets/certificates of Matric / Intermediate / BA / BSc must get a Verification Certificate signed by Secretary/ Controller Examination of concerned Board/University.
(e) ‘A’ level candidates applying in Pakistan with aggregate 60% marks are eligible without seeking equivalence certificate as calculated by IBCC. However, all the candidates who have passed ‘A’ level and equivalent examination from abroad or have passed from Pakistan with the result less than three Cs are required to submit equivalence certificate issued by IBCC.
2- INELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS
- A candidate is ineligible if he is twice rejected by ISSB/GHQ/NHQ/AHQ Selection Board or once rejected by ISSB and once rejected by GHQ/NHQ/AHQ Selection Board.
- Permanently declared UNFIT by Appeal Medical Board.
- Declared unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital except those cleared by Appeal Medical Board.
- Declared medically unfit due to Hepatitis B & C (cannot request for Appeal Medical Board).
- Dismissed/removed/debarred from Government Service including Armed Forces.
- Withdrawn from any Academy / Training Institution of Armed Forces on any ground.
- Withdrawn from any bonded Armed Forces college/institution on disciplinary grounds.
- Convicted in a Court of Law for an offense involving moral turpitude.
3- REGISTRATION & PRELIMINARY SELECTION PROCEDURE
Candidates can either register through the Internet or by visiting Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs). The following procedure will be adopted:
a. Registration Through Internet
A candidate can register on the website www.joinpakarmy.gov.pk. Date and time of test shall be intimated on the internet for which an individual should have an e-mail account. The candidate will report on the exact date and time given for preliminary tests on computerized roll no slip. The date once given will not be changed. Candidates will also bring along all documents mentioned in para 6 and will pay the prospectus fee on the day of the test. Candidates MUST attain a working knowledge of computers as registration and tests will be conducted on computers.
b. Registration at Army Selection and Recruitment Centres (AS&RCs)
The candidates may report at the nearest AS&RCs for registration/allotment of roll no along with necessary documents mentioned in para 6 and the prospectus fee for completion of registration formalities. The candidates will bring these documents on the day of the test as well.
c. Schedule of Registration/Preliminary Tests
Registration: 05 October, 2019 – 06 November, 2020 (Including Saturday and Sunday)
1. The TCC candidates who apply for PMA L/C will also be considered as Repeater Candidates.
2. Repeater candidates must report at concerned AS&RCs for preliminary tests.
d. Preliminary Selection:
(i) Written/ Intelligence Tests
Written/Intelligence tests will be based on multiple-choice questions from English, Maths, Pakistan Studies, Islamiat and General Knowledge. The candidates declared successful in written/intelligence tests will undergo physical/medical tests and interviews at AS&RCs.
(ii) Physical Tests
The candidates must qualify the following physical standards at the time of preliminary selection:-
- 1.6 Km Run – 8 minutes
- Push-Ups – 15 repetitions in 2 minutes
- Sit Ups – 20 repetitions in 2 minutes
- Chin Ups – 3 repetitions in 2 minutes
- Ditch Crossing – 7’.4” x 7’.4” and 4’ deep.
Successful candidates will be interviewed at AS&RC and shortlisted for the ISSB test.
(iv) ISSB Tests
Successful candidates will receive notice for ISSB tests through the website as well as call up letter.
4- FURTHER SELECTION
Candidates who are selected by AS&RCs will be called for ISSB Test. Medical examination of ISSB recommended candidates will be carried out at nearby CMHs. The final selection will be made at GHQ on the basis of the candidate’s performance.
5- TRAINING PERIOD AT PAKISTAN MILITARY ACADEMY (PMA): 2 Years
6- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED AT AS&RCs
- Original certificate / detailed Marks Sheet of Matric/FA/FSc/ Equivalent.
- Computerized National Identity Card for 18 years and above or Computerized Form “B” along with Guardian’s Computerized National Identity Card (Father or Mother) for less than 18 years of age.
- One set of attested photocopies of the above-mentioned documents.
- 3 x Passport size colored photos duly attested (front and back) by Principal/Class-1 Gazetted Officer.
- Original as well as one photocopy of “NOT RECOMMENDED” letter by ISSB are also required for “Repeater Candidates”.
Note: Old National Identity Card and Form “B” will not be accepted.
7- PAKISTAN NATIONALS RESIDING ABROAD
Eligible candidates residing abroad are exempted from Preliminary Selection. However, Defence Attaches will ascertain their overall suitability, physical deformity, and stammering aspects. The candidates are advised to approach Pakistani Embassies (Military/Defence Attaches) in the country where residing for issuance of Application Forms. They will submit their Application Forms along with connected documents through Pakistani Embassies by 16 Jul 2018. A postal order of Rs. 100/- and a Bank Draft of Rs. 500/- in the name of Director General Personnel Administration, Personnel Administration Directorate, GHQ Rawalpindi will be attached with the Application Form. Postal address in Pakistan should also be indicated in the Application Forms so that call up notice for ISSB Tests/ Interviews and further correspondence to eligible candidates can be made on the given Pakistani address. No traveling allowance will be admissible for traveling to and from Pakistan.
Note: If selected candidates for current entry are more than the required induction, the leftover candidates would be considered for the next PMA Long Course entry subject to fulfillment of eligibility conditions/merit.
For ISSB call up notices visit www.issb.com.pk
Army Selection & Recruitment Centers:
Tel: 051-9271393 / 051-5125026
Address: Roomi Road Saddar, Rawalpindi
Address: Sahibzada Gul Road Opposite PAF Cinema, Peshawar Cantonment
Address: Serena Road Jutial, Gilgit
Address: Mohri Gojra, Abbottabad Road, Muzaffarabad
Address: 317-A Walton Road, Lahore
Address: Near District Headquarter Hospital, Faisalabad
D. I. Khan
Address: Near Abdul Rehman Surgical Hospital Shah Alam Abad Chowk, Dera Ismail Khan
Address: Near NBP Cantonment Branch Qasim Road, Multan
Address: Near Gul Centre Opposite Magasi House, Hyderabad
Address: Near Sanghi Military Police Check Post Pannu Aqil Cantonment
Address: Opposite Regent Plaza Shahra-e-Faisal Karachi No-4
Address: Zarghoon Road Quetta Cantonment
Address: Khuzdar Cantonment