Military College Jhelum (MCJ) is the oldest military institution of its kind in Pakistan. It is an English medium institution, running classes from VIII to XII. It is located on the Grand Trunk (GT) Road, beside the town of Sarai Alamgir. The campus is spread over about 170 acres of area. It was founded by Prince of Wales, Prince Edward VIII, at Sarai Alamgir on the 3rd March 1922 and named as King George Royal Indian Military School (KGRIMS). It started functioning after three years on 15th September 1925 as a residential school for the sons of Muslim soldiers in gratitude of their services in World War I with the object of producing educated rank and file for the British Indian Army units. Later on in rare cases, some talented students could be endorsed for the grant of commission through Kitchner College Nowgong. During the World War II, the school underwent structural reforms and was raised to the status of College as King George Royal Indian Military College in 1943 for training potential officers for the army.
With the creation of Pakistan, it was renamed as Royal Pakistan Military College Jhelum. In 1956, the nomenclature changed to its present name Military College Jhelum and it took further strides both in scope and service. It was restructured as a quality public school and was assigned the role of a feeder institution for the Pakistan Military Academy by achieving academic excellence and personality grooming.
In 1925, school took its start with two Houses; Robert House and Birdwood House. Third house, Sakeen house, was raised in 1928. Initially, the school functioned till class eight, class nine started in 1930 and first year in 1931. First batch of school successfully completed five year training/studies in October 1930. In 1967 Sher Shah House replaced Robert House which functioned as junior house till 1989. Now, this building is being utilized as Administrative Block. At present, there are seven houses, named as Mehmood Ghaznavi House, Babur House, Aurangzeb House, Tipu Sultan House, Jinnah House, Iqbal House and Sir Syed House. In 1991, the strength of cadets was increased from 320 to 500.Currently it is 560.
Note: For the Guaranteed preparation of Entry Tests of All Military, PAf and Cadet Colleges All over Pakistan. Contact Us.